Amazon Echo may be the best smart speaker in the market, but not really the best Bluetooth speaker as there are several others that gives a better music output. However, when you factor in all the features that the smart speaker has to offer, you don’t really mind it that much. As the Amazon Echo can do a lot of other things than simply play music, it’s a good purchase. In this article, we will be seeing how you can use your Amazon Echo as a Bluetooth speaker to play your favorite songs.
The smart speaker offers integration with several music streaming services like Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and more allowing you to play your favorite tracks whenever you want. If, for some reason, you have a playlist of songs on your iPhone that you want to play, then you can connect your Echo device with your iPhone using Bluetooth and use the device as a Bluetooth speaker. Once connected, you can play songs, listen to audiobooks or podcasts easily. So, let’s see the steps you need to follow in order to link the Amazon Echo with your iPhone and get started!
How to Pair iOS device with Amazon Echo?
Since you are dealing with a smart speaker, you will have to interact with the voice assistant, Alexa, to perform the following steps.
- Say “Alexa, turn on Bluetooth” when you are in range of Amazon Echo.
- Alexa should now respond with the phrase “searching” which puts the Echo device into pairing mode.
- Now, launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad, and then tap on Bluetooth.
- Under the Other Devices section, tap on the device device with the name Echo.
- Alexa will let you know when you have successfully connected with it.
You have successfully connected your Amazon Echo with your iOS device via Bluetooth. You can now start playing songs from your smartphone to your Echo speaker.
How to Disconnect Your iPhone from Amazon Echo?
When you are done with listening to music, and want to disconnect your smartphone from the speaker, you simply need to say “Alexa, turn off Bluetooth” and the smart speaker will disconnect from your speaker by turning the Bluetooth feature off.
You can also say “Alexa, disconnect from my phone” if you want to simply disconnect the phone and not turn off the Bluetooth function.
How to Reconnect Your iOS Device with Amazon Echo?
Once you have disconnected your phone with Amazon Echo, you can’t play songs until you’ve reconnected them. The process to reconnect your iPhone with Amazon Echo is extremely simple.
- Make sure that you are within range of the Echo device, and say “Alexa, connect to my phone”.
- If you have connected multiple smartphones or tablets with Amazon Echo, then you need to mention the Bluetooth name of your smartphone by saying “Alexa, connect to (device name)”. You can find the device name by going to the Settings on your iPhone, tapping on Bluetooth and you will see a sentence stating “Now discoverable as (device name)”.
That’s how you can connect your iPhone with the Amazon Echo device! You can use this method for other smartphones and tablets as well, like Android devices, and connect them with the Echo speaker using Bluetooth to play your favorite playlist.
Let us know if you have any questions regarding the article, and also share your experience of using Amazon Echo as a Bluetooth speaker! If you haven’t purchased the smart speaker yet, then check out the Amazon Echo deals to get a discount on your purchase.